“It takes two” is a game developed by “Hazelight Studios” and is an adventure game which you can play in Multiplayer mode. It was specifically designed for platforms like PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. It was released just a year ago and is popular among gamers as well.
Even though the game is new, it has a few glitches due to which users faced issues while playing it. The issues include “It takes two Controller not working” or “It takes two second Controller not working”. And these issues were noticed specifically when they were using controllers such as PS4 or an Xbox. These issues occur while the users were launching the game, and these have made the game unplayable.
If the issue is associated with controller only, there is no need to be worried since it can be tackled easily. Let’s take a look at the reasons first to see how and why “It takes two Controller not working” or “It takes two second Controller not working” issues occur and then we’ll move towards different ways to troubleshoot them.
Reasons behind “It takes two Controller not working” issue
There are multiple reasons why “It takes two Controller not working” issue occurs. Have a look at some of them:
- You may face this issue if the “Controller Support” is disabled on your device.
- Using outdated controller drivers may also be the cause of it, and this may lead to more problems as well.
- If you have started the game and you are then trying to connect the controller, there is a chance that you will face “It takes two Controller not working” issue.
The related controller issues you may face include Controller’s sudden stop, controller not detected, and controller not working.
So, take a closer look at the reasons and see whether you can resolve the issue or not.
Methods to resolve “It takes two Controller not working” issue
Following are some of the troubleshooting methods you can choose to resolve “It takes two Controller not working” issue.
Enable “General Controller Settings”
Checking the controller’s configuration is the very first thing you should do whenever you face this issue. Here’s how you can do it:
- First of all, start by launching the “Steam” and click on its upper left side.
- Go to “Settings” and click on “Controller” there.
- Click on “General Control Settings” then.
- Check the controller there such as “PlayStation Configuration Support”.
- Go back again and click on “OK” button.
- Launch the game then before checking your controller.
This method is quite efficient since you are directly entering the “Settings” part to resolve “It takes two Controller not working” issue. So, follow the steps mentioned above and see if it works.
Another thing you can do in this regard is to pay attention while connecting the controller. Connect it before you start the game or else, you will end up facing “It takes two Controller not working” issue.
Uninstall the Drivers and Reinstall them!
If the drivers have some bugs because of any reasons, you will face this issue. Under such circumstances, it is better to first uninstall the drivers and reinstall them again. Take a look at the steps below to do it:
- Start by right-clicking on “Windows Start” button.
After that, click on “Device Manager”. You will see a list of controllers there, find your controller there.
Right-click on it and choose “Uninstall Device”.
Plug the controller in again and restart your PC.
The drivers will automatically be installed again.
Uninstalling the driver works on your PC, but the method is equally effective on mobile or other devices as well. Just reboot your phone if you are playing a game on it, it will start to work. So, try the above-mentioned method and see whether the “It takes two Controller not working” issue is resolved or not.
Use “DS4 Controller”
DS4 is mainly a software component used for enhancing PS4 Controller’s functionality on your PC. Here is how you can use it.
- • You just have to download it from DS4’s official website and set it up for using it. Don’t forget to label the downloaded file as “DS4 Windows.exe”.
- • Click on “DS4 Windows.exe” and set it up. You will see a menu there, asking you the location for saving all your “Settings & Profiles”.
- • Click on “Install the DS4 Driver” option there. If you are using Windows 7, you will have to click on “Install 360 Driver”.
- • Once it is installed, it will start working, making the “PS4 Controller” compatible with Windows 8/8.1/10.
After that, connect the controller to the PC. You also have the option to use USB-Micro for connecting the gamepad wirelessly via a USB cable or Bluetooth. Since all the laptops and computers don’t have a built-in “Bluetooth Receiver”, you just need to find one that will set up perfectly. After that, hold “Center PlayStation” button for forcing DS4 Windows to open “Action Center”. Click on “Bluetooth” then and choose “Wireless Controller”.
Since DS4 is a software associated with controllers, it is one of the best things you can use to resolve the “It takes two Controller not working” issue. The best part is that you just need to connect it via a USB cable, or you can do it in wireless mode as well, making it a simple to use and readily available option.
Update the Drivers
If the driver isn’t compatible with your PC, you will surely face “It takes two Controller not working” issue. So, updating the drivers will get the job done which you can do in two ways, automatic and manual. But make sure that you choose correct drivers from manufacturer’s website because if you choose a wrong one, you will end up facing a worse situation. So, it is better to use “Automatic Driver Tool” under such circumstances to get rid of “It takes two Controller not working” issue.
You can use any of the methods mentioned above to resolve the “It takes two Controller not working” issue. Figure out the reasons correctly and don’t forget to use correct drivers while downloading them.
Nishant Verma is a senior web developer who love to share his knowledge about Linux, SysAdmin, and more other web handlers. Currently, he loves to write as content contributor for ServoNode.